Monday, November 1, 2010

Be Prepared!

That is the boyscout motto and often it is interpreted to mean carry a prophylactic in your wallet! Several people have written to me about their own discovery of cancer. Is there any helpful advice I could give them? Keep a journal was the most important to me, a day to day accounting of what was going on and how I felt about it. Looking back on this experience it is so easy to make the list now. There are hundreds of cancer sites on the net. The Mayo Clinic has a great one with its own blog site you can add to or read. At the beginning of this process while I had some energy I would make a to do list, like if the roof needed fixing I would doit now, never put off until tomrrow what could be done today. Tomorrow you might not be able to do it! I would get my finger nails and toe nails trimmed real short because sizzors will be a tool you won't be able to operate. Get a haircut. It will be your last one for a year and you might as well start this process looking good. Don't buy any new clothes! But do make a list for what you want to buy when you have lost that forty pounds you will probably lose. Go out to dinner! Make a list of your ten favoeite meals and enjoy every one of them. You will lose your appetite and all food will taste like cardboard. Remember "this too shall pass". It is not a forever process and with a little luck you will get through it.

Oh, oh, oh! I almost forgot, my thanks to my friends who taught me how to make a link!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think my 1st link didn't work! Back to school, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete