Sunday, October 17, 2010

War with Cancer


Cancer is still looked upon as a battle of Good and Evil and I suppose many other diseases are viewed that way too. It would have been nice if they hadn't picked my body for this war, but I don't really see it this way at all. Oh, it was a war for sure, don't misunderstand me, but I think a war of mechanics gone wrong, not God and the Devil nor any other spiritual conflict. Cancer is one cell not quite reproducing itself acurately, making a flawed copy of itself. This goes on and more flawed copies are made and the body doesn't recognize them. That is really all it is. The approach to chemo-therapy is one of not being able to identify the cancerous cells, so they kill them all, at least all of a certain type. It is using landmines and hand grenades. It is not delicate in any way. It is brutal, but millions survive this experience and compared to a real war with real bullets, in all honesty, it is not so bad. I complain about the collateral damage, the neuropathy in my hands, but I still have my hands!

1 comment:

  1. You still have your hands, yes and they can still create all those wonderful pieces of art that you do.

    ReplyDelete