Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cost of Cancer

My hair is growing back and that is the first and quickest sign of recovery. My appetite has returned and after losing over 40 pounds I can now eat anything I want, so that is really nice. Sometimes we don't appretiate a good meal until we can't eat it. My hands hurt a lot and I am told that this is common with cancer survivors! Part of the cost of the cure! The other "cost" is cash,
about $130,000 which, of course, I never had. I am one of the lucky ones and have an excellent insurance policy - they paid $129,000 and I only paid $1,000. I sometimes wonder what I would have done without the insurance? I own my house so any type of assistance would not have kicked in until that was gone and I was living on the street. I love life but I don't think I would have done that. It is not just my house, what would my wife do and where would she live? I know people who have died agonizing over these same decisions. What is a life worth? How much would you spend and how much pain would you accept to cure cancer and be a survivor?
You really can't answer that question until it happens to you.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete